From tonight 23/03/2020 a lockdown plan has been announced to stem the spread of the coronavirus in the UK and force the nation to stay at home.
- People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following ‘very limited’ purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities as infrequently as possible.
- One form of exercise a day.
- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary.
- Meanwhile, the PM has announced a ban on:
- Meeting with friends.
- Meeting with family members you do not live with.
- All weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies but excluding funerals.
- All gatherings of more than two people in public.
- The PM said the police will have the powers to enforce the lockdown measures through fines and dispersing gatherings.
- To ensure people comply the government is also:
- Closing all shops selling non-essential goods.
- Closing all libraries, playground, outdoor gyms and places of worship.
- Parks will remain open for exercise, but will be patrolled.